1. Even if the monk can run away, his temple cannot run with him.
2. Even if I were to be beaten to death, I will not tell.
3. Modesty helps one go forward, whereas conceit makes one lag behind.
4. If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
5. We will not attack unless we are attacked.
6. Wisdom prepares for the worst; but folly leaves the worst for the day it comes.
7. In the end things will mend.
8.To die on one's feet is better than to live on one's knees.
9.Blood is thicker than water.
10.He who laughs last laughs best.
11.Give knaves an inch and they will take a yard.
12.He that respects others shall likewise be respected.
13.All good things come to an end.
14.Give a dog a bad name and hang him.
15.Nothing venture, nothing have.
16.Do in Rome as the Romans do.
17.Things done cannot undone.
18.Misfortunes never come alone.
19.Beauty is in the eyes of the beholders.
20.Time and tide wait for no man.
21.Kill two birds with one stone.
22.Facts speak louder than words.
23.To be a parrot.
24.Fish in troubled waters.
25.Turn a deaf ear to.
26.A drop in the ocean.
27.Like father like son.
28.Strike while the iron is hot.
29.As strong as a horse.
30.Love me, love my dog.
31.A dog with two tails.
32.After a storm comes a calm.
33.Hang by a thread.
34.Break a deadlock.
35.After a storm comes calm.
36.Cast pearls before swine.
37.Hit the right nail on the head.
38.Rack one’s brains.
39.Leave no stone unturned.